Saturday, November 1, 2008

Artist Spotlight: Maggie Sue Designs

Fellow Capitol Region Etsy Street Team member Meredith of Maggie Sue Designs was kind enough to include one of my pieces in an Etsy treasury she created. While writing a blog post about the treasury, I was nosing through her shop, and I found so many fabulous things that I just had to share!

Meredith is a seamstress who makes awesome cup cozies and handbags.




Coffee Cup Cozies

Meredith's fleece-lined coffee cup cozies are right up my alley -- bright-colored and fuzzy! Being a frequenter of Starbucks and the coffee bar at Whole Foods, I'm totally in the market for one of those. The three at left are my favorites, but she makes them in a huge variety of colors and patterns.





Handbags, Purses, Totes

Meredith also makes adorable small purses in vibrant colors. As you might guess, I'm a sucker for vibrant colors. My favorites are her vibrant patchwork bag, her Manzanita Modern Bag, and her Red Crazy Squares Front Pocket Bag.

I usually go without a bag, but when I'm pocketless, I like a cross-body bag that isn't huge -- just big enough for wallet, phone, and keys. I've been looking for an appropriately-sized bag, and I think I've find the source!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yummy finds! I've had Maggie Sue Designs in my favs for awhile, love her work!