Monday, July 21, 2008

Wild Rice Salad

Every Sunday, a small group of friends coalesces for a potluck dinner. According to my mother, when I moved out on my own, I insisted that two pots was too many, but the high cooking standards of my foodie potlucking friends have led me from barely able to make pasta to loving to cook.

Photo by Elise of Simply recipes

This week's recipe was Wild Rice Salad from Elise at Simply Recipes. It is a scrumptious blend of crunchy rice, crispy veggies, toasted pine nuts, and dried cranberries with an olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing.

Elise's salad is cold. I prefer such concoctions hot, and the groups prefers brown rice over white, so I've made modifications. This one's a keeper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you know I normally don't like food postings because I'm not a huge fan of food (yeah, I'm weird) but I have to say that your's looks absolutely scrumptious!! Now that's the kind of food I can salivate over - yummy!!